Announcement: our friends at Forest Stewardship Council are hiring a Communications Manager for Asia Pacific.
Interested? See below for details.
Communications Manager Asia Pacific
Mission Statement / Objectives of the Function:
The Communications Manager Asia Pacific conveys the FSC brand, messages and values to maximize the impact of communication and communication tools for all stakeholder audiences by planning, organizing, coordinating and implementing successful and consistent communications strategies across all channels across the region.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- To develop a regional communications strategy, in line with FSC’s global vision and FSC’s global communications strategy, and in consultation with FSC’s Communications Director.
- To provide support, expertise and resources to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. network partners, other strategic stakeholders) to implement communications activities.
- To develop printed and digital material for information and promotional purposes across the region.
- To develop, produce and distribute newsletters and other publications.
- To write and disseminate media releases, articles, editorials, etc.
- To develop and maintain content for websites, social media and corporate communications material, on an ongoing basis.
- To maintain social media channels/interfaces and support regional staff around key events.
- To provide communications support to the Asia Pacific offices of FSC.
- To development and manage a media engagement strategy.
- To liaise with the global communications team, including taking part of strategy development meetings and providing input (in the form of an Asia Pacific perspective) into various global communications projects.
- To manage the output of all communications-related service providers.
- Additional tasks as agreed with the Asia Pacific Regional Office Director.
Execution of Discretionary Power:
The position does not include any signing authority.
Functional Attribution to Organizational Unit:
- Formal reporting: The Communications Manager Asia Pacific reports to the FSC Asia Pacific Regional Office Director.
- Functional reporting: The Communications Manager Asia Pacific reports to the FSC Asia Pacific Regional Office Director and to the Communications Director at FSC International.
- Formal and functional supervision: The Communications Manager Asia Pacific supervises no staff.
Qualification, Experience and Skills:
The successful candidate demonstrates the following key competencies and qualities:
Education and Training:
- University (Bachelor or Master) degree in a relevant field (e.g. Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations).
Working Experience, Style and Skills:
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in communications work related to the roles and responsibilities of this position, in Asia Pacific (preferably across several countries).
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling a number of functions simultaneously.
- Experience in implementation of communications strategies, including media engagement strategies.
- Solution- and service-oriented attitude to work.
- Extensive project management experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Previous experience working in both NGO and corporate environments would be beneficial.
- Proven ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to work independently.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Fluency in other Asian language(s) would be a plus.
Computer Skills – good skills in the use of/experience with:
- Excellent skills in the use of standard software packages (e.g. MS Office).
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills, including copy writing and media release writing.
- Experience in working with the media.
- Experience in developing and implementing social media strategies.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
- Ability to work well as a member of a multi-cultural, inter-disciplinary, multi-lingual, global team.
- Commitment to FSC’s mission and values.
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity to the diversity of values, views and approaches to issues relevant to the FSC program by stakeholders around the world.
- Basic understanding of the scope of FSC’s programs and activities.
- Ability to represent FSC through their work with exemplary personal and professional authority and conduct.
- Willingness to do what is needed to get the job done, whether it be menial tasks or engaging in high level strategy.
Terms and Conditions:
Location: Hong Kong.
Working Hours: Full time - 40 hours per week.
Duration of Employment: Temporary contract - 2 years (extension possible)
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Travel: Sporadic travel is required.
How to Apply:
Please send your motivation letter (including your net salary expectation in EUR), your CV in English, and three examples of your writing (e.g. press releases, web content, brochure copy, etc.) as email attachments to Recruitment_2016_07@fsc.org. Please do not send any photos of yourself, including as a picture on your CV. Be sure to insert “Communications Manager Asia Pacific 2016” in the subject line of your email. The deadline for applications is 21 February 2016.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the final outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter. If you cannot find it there contact us at Recruitment@fsc.org.
Please note the planning of the recruitment process, and ensure your availability if you are selected:
Beginning of March 2016: first round of interviews (telephone or Skype).
17 and 18 March 2016: personal interviews with selected candidates (Hong Kong).
Photo by Gabor Szakacs.